Friday, July 16, 2010

Do you like Pina Coladas?

Happy summer!  I got a hankering for summer time cookies... oh who am I kidding?  I bought this cookie cutter recently and needed an excuse to use it...


Isn't it ADORABLE?!  Little Webber grill cookie cutter!  I know, it's totally useless, but too cute not to have in my cookie cutter arsenal.
And what says summer more than pina coladas?? So put them together and you have pina colada cookies!  Take your favorite sugar cookie recipe, add 1 cup shredded coconut and 1/2 cup dried pineapple (blend them together in a food processor before adding to the dough) and voila!
I struggled a bit with how to decorate a grill cookie - next time I need to add some grass and maybe the 3rd leg in the background.  I would have done that this go around, but used all my green on my pineapple cookies...

Yeah, got a little crazy with the tops.

And my personal favorite... crab cookies!
Here's a close-up so you can see how adorable they are...
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment